We are all understandably concerned at this time about our safety and the safety of those around us. At Hart’s our staff have families and elderly relatives too and opening to the public safely is incredibly important. We have to get this right.
Firstly, we benefit from being located slightly away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre but still within walking distance for those that wish to explore our historical city or venture into some of the many shops and bars that are now open. We are an intimate luxury hotel with 32 bedrooms which continues to have excellent hygiene standards which scored highly with 4 silver stars from the AA. We also have a 2 AA rosette restaurant which has been awarded 5 stars from the Food Standards Agency, so you can be assured our staff knows how to work safely.
Here are some of the measures we are taking:
- We have removed some tables in the restaurant to adhere to the 1 metre rule.
- Social distancing markers have been placed in the Reception area, please do your part by following the advice as best you can.
- We are limiting the number of hotel guests and diners so we do advise to pre-book to avoid disappointment.
- We are managing occupancy and check-in times to limit the number of people in our public areas.
- We have outside seating in our private garden and courtyard if you wish to dine alfresco.
- We are supporting government guidelines regarding number of households per booking. Our staff will be in contact prior to your booking to ensure these guidelines are being followed.
- Our stringent levels of hygiene have been enhanced and our Head Housekeeper has been nominated as our Covid-19 workplace champion who will continue to review all safety procedures and checks to ensure they are being adhered to by all staff.
- We have parking at the hotel with santiser dispensers at both entrances.
- We have 9 sanitiser stations throughout the hotel and public areas are being sanitised hourly.
- Printed collateral has been removed to reduce the risk of contamination.
- Guest Services Directory can now be found online or via a QR code on your in-room welcome letter which details further information which may be helpful during your stay.
- Disposable menus are now common throughout the business but these can also be viewed online as they will be updated regularly.
Welfare of our staff
- Tom Murton has been nominated by our team as employee representative for any concerns in relation to the new safety measures and Covid-19 risk assessment. These are challenging times for all of us and we aim to make our team feel as safe as possible.
- Team members who can work from home are permitted to do so to reduce staff in office space.
- We support our staff to wear face coverings as per guidelines, but they are not legally required to wear them.
- Our Risk Assessment which is available to review online is being carried out and signed by every member of the team.
- we have reorganised staff workspace and our menu has been designed to allow our chefs to work independently over two separate kitchens.
- Staff are travelling to work the safest route to avoid contamination.
- Staff uniforms are cleaned at high temperatures and changed into on arrival at work.
- We have converted a bedroom into an additional staff room so our staff can take their breaks whilst remaining socially distanced.
- Our teams are working in bubbles as per government guidance.
- All our staff have completed Covid-19 re-opening safely training before returning to work and are refreshing all areas of their training. They know what is required for a high level of food safety and hygiene.
- We are supporting the government’s Track and Trace service by recording customer contact details for 21 days.
- We take staff temperatures before they enter the building. We’ll take yours too if you want as it’s contactless, but if you are feeling unwell then please do not come in at all!
- Face coverings are mandatory in the hotel public areas excluding the restaurant from Saturday 8th August.
- We have a procedure in place incase any guest presents Covid-19 symptoms during their stay.
- We offer a flexible cancellation policy, guests are not required to pay anything until arrival and can cancel 24 hours prior, totally free of charge.
- The importance is on high cleaning standards and sanitising. Safety is our priority so apologies if our service is a little slower than normal.
- We would encourage guests to use the stairs during their stay.
- The lift will be disinfected regularly and we ask that the lift is only shared by one family at a time.
- We will endeavour to contact guests prior to arrival to confirm approximate arrival time to minimise time at check-in.
- Express check-out remains available to all our guests.
- We offer cash-free methods of payment including contactless payment methods.
- Our breakfast buffet has been replaced with a breakfast menu to reduce contamination.
- Use of bedrooms and floors will be rotated based on occupancy to enable a deep clean after every stay.
- For extended stays, housekeeping will not service rooms unless requested to do so.
- Our opening hours have not changed, and we still offer 24-hour room service and will work tirelessly to ensure you enjoy your stay with us.
If you have any concerns regarding your visit, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you.