It’s the time of year to reflect on the events that took place, so join us as we take a look back at 2019.
- Hart’s Restaurant was a finalist for Best Special Occasion Restaurant in Nottingham’s Restaurant & Bar Awards 2019.
- Tim Hart announced in early January that Hart’s Restaurant was to downsize into Hart’s Hotel.
- The last service in Hart’s Restaurant took place on Saturday 9th March.
- Head Chef Dan Burridge handed over the reins to Sous Chef Martin Sludds.
- Event Manager Sally Thornhill who had worked for Tim Hart for 20 years moved to Hambleton Hall to assist with weddings and events.
- The newly formed restaurant, Hart’s Kitchen opened in Hart’s Hotel on Monday 11th March.
- The AA Inspector awarded the newly formed Hart’s Kitchen the coveted award of two rosettes for culinary excellence and the hotel four stars at the silver level with a commendable merit.
- Our chefs cooked up a delicious barbecue in support of the Park Garden Trail in Nottingham’s historic Park Estate. A whopping £31,500 was raised for local charities.
- We were proud winners of ‘Small Hotel of the Year’ at the Nottingham Hospitality STARS 2019 Awards.
- We committed to reducing our impact on the environment and working towards becoming a more sustainable business.
- We received our ninth TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence. The achievement celebrates our consistently strong praise and ratings on the world’s largest travel site over the last year.
- We were finalists in Nottingham Cocktail Week’s competition with our cocktail Hart’s Garden Bramble Twist.
- It was a great year for Reception Manager Melissa Willis who married Dave Hall in June and was then promoted to Assistant Manager.
- Roshan Liyanage transferred to our sister hotel Hambleton Hall as Restaurant Manager.
- Digital gift vouchers launched in November, enabling our gift vouchers to be purchased via our website.
- We have been recommended once again in the Michelin Guide.
- We unveiled Hart’s Hotel & Kitchen in video for the very first time since opening in 2003. See below
- We scored an impressive 9.1 out of 10 in the Booking.com Guest Reviews Awards.
It’s been a big year of change for us here at Hart’s, yet it’s been wonderful to have received so much support from our regulars. It is also fabulous to be recognised and our teams efforts celebrated in our new guise. Customer service has always been at the heart of everything we do and we continue to deliver the best possible experience to our guests.
We hope 2019 has been a great year for you and 2020 is full of good health, happiness and prosperity. We look forward to welcoming you back and we hope to make your visits during 2020 memorable.